Thursday 28 June 2012

A new piece of crystal art is born

I have just completed another Ice cave "Ice II".   ("Ice I" was sold at the February Cambridge Glass fair). It is a lead crystal cullet 10 x 9 x 8cm which I have drill engraved and sandblasted to create a small icy world.
It has so many faces and moods depending on the light. Small but mighty interesting.
Stare into it and be lost in the stillness and dappled light.
I intend to engrave another in this series later this year.
This piece willbe available first  at "The Store" Dial Glass Works, Stewkins, Stourbridge this September during the International Glass Festival.

Back to the main website Lesley Pyke Limited - Glass Engraving:  www.glassengraving.biz

2 comments:

KurtMel said...

Beautiful piece of cullet glass, I have tried in vain to find any without much luck. I would love to find some to be cut and polished on one side for engraving, where on earth do you even start looking for these other than stalking a glasshouse and talking to "inside Men" who know when they're going to be cleaning their "glory holes" and furnaces... Even harder here in the States I would imagine than in the UK, at least you still have some fine crystal making glasshouses left. But, beyond that, you do such amazing work, definitely the most prolific Engraver, I can see why you're heralded as one of the best. SO creative, and beauty to match, what a joy it must be to not just watch you work, but just to enjoy your company in general...Cheers!!

Lesley Pyke - Glass Engraver said...

Thank you for your kind words, Kurt. I have several crystal cullets so if you are interested send me an email (see website www.lesleypyke.com )
cheers
Les