Sunday 24 June 2012

The end of June 2012. Summer anyone?

It has been a few months. To be honest I have been reluctant to post in this blog as it has been so difficult to add photos, I had to fight with the mechanisms. I see that once again things have changed. I am very glad to see this, encouraged, and I hope things are going to be easier and actually work properly now.

(well in fact not.....I have just lost the last 2 hours of blogging....so I am taking a deep breath and will have one more go)

I have been making changes to my engraving setup. I now offer a glass and crystal on-line store including a commercial glass engraving service alongside my own personal engraving service. This means that if you require fairly simple glass engraving,  you can do this with ease. Choose your glass, your font, your wording, an image if you wish, or upload your own logo, payment is through a secure server. I have in the past been turning work away because I am too busy, but this is a service provided by a team of professional engravers of my choice who can deal with your order with wonderful efficiency and whose work has my stamp of approval. Please let me know what you think of this shopping experience and don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have.

Chilford Hall and one of the paintings destroyed in the fire.
There are so many things happening, but that is life, some good, some bad. 

The terrible news of the burning down of Chilford Hall, our wonderful venue for the Cambridge Glass Fair, means that I do not yet know where or when the next glass fair will be, our organisers have said it will go ahead, so watch this space for this September fair.

I am battling against the annual grass pollen, wheezing and coughing and sneezing and have insanely itchy eyes. I live on a farm so this does not help, once in my workshop I calm down a bit. Roll on July!

Happy news is I have safely reached my 50th birthday and am content with life. I think I have always been 50 and love it. Still go to the gym at least twice a week and play my golf when I can. I have to defend my title of lady champion again this August....just need this pollen count to go down so I can get practicing again. I did manage to eagle our 18th hole, par 5, a couple of weeks ago, so it is still in there!

In the last couple of months I have had 2 lovely editorials for which I am very grateful:
Leading glass magazine in Brazil, Vidro Impresso

The first edition of Uniquely Away.


There are a number of glass exhibitions coming up this year and I will have pieces in 3 of them. More details to come. Here is a taste of one. Ice Cave II.









An interesting commission



I have added a new page to my website, showing a selection of commissions for royalty from 3 different countries and other VIP clients work.



Well commiserations to England footy fans, just been watching them lose by penalties, what a horrid way to lose.  Better luck next time.

Return to main website: Lesley Pyke Limited - Glass Engraving  www.glassengraving.biz

No comments: