Monday 21 February 2011

more for Cambridge Glass Fair.....Persian theme...




Cambridge Glass fair is less than a week away...they say it will warm a little during the week...I like the sound of that...double figures would be good!!

Here are some more pieces for my stand.

I have had visions of this decanter for some time and finally I have completed it....as a little boy once said
"I close my eyes and have a think....then I draw my think" I love that as it is so true.
5 viewes of the engraving

This is a Krosno Asquith decanter, lovely thick and heavy. I just adore the shape of it and really felt it suited the Persian subject, a quote from Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. The quotation is sandblasted all around and the grapes are hand engraved all around above the lettering.
I have a number of smaller pieces for my stand including some RCR Crystal perfume bottle which I have engraved using the combination of both sandblasting and hand engraving.


I am still working on my orange blossom plate, this is almost complete now. I will also have one (possibly two) "pond life" paperweights, I did a run of these in the past, 8 so far, which proved to be very popular. They may have the same theme but are each completely different, usually featuring carp and a dragonfly. They will be marked with their unique number.

So back to the workbench....which is rather dusty...

My thoughts go out to all those people and creatures who are cold and thirsty right now, may you be warm and have your thirst quenched.

...and always to women in an abusive relationship....be strong and do what you have to do, you do not have to put up with it.

No comments: