Tuesday 11 January 2011

Back to work !




My gorgeous grandson ♥

Happy New Year!!
Well we have been back from New Zealand for almost 2 weeks already, it took a good week to get over the jet lag which is a really wierd thing! When the bod wants to sleep it practically shuts down any time anywhere....and when it want to wake up, it will be like an owl even at 2.30am....so on went the cricket and the kettle, Brian was exactly the same and was eating sandwiches at that time too. We had to be really strict to get over it all.

Letting my hair down and dancing at my oldest friends 30th wedding anniversary party!!

I miss my sons already and my wee grandson too, it will be so strange when I see him again as he is changing daily. What a lovely time we had and what a beautiful family we are now joined with. So I now feel much less down in the dumps and have a renewed vigour, I have experienced where my children have been living for the last 10 years! I Should have had that experience a long time ago life does not always go just the way you want it to when you want it to. Never give up on your point of destination, your vision. Continuous positivity is all it takes.

The last of the RCR Crystal perfume bottles, so sad to see them go extinct!


Meanwhile my workshop has been pretty active already with daily orders coming in, for just about everything. Often people ask what is the most asked for engraving at each time of year....well there is no such thing, somewhere on the planet someone is having a celebration of some sort, a farewell, an award, a berievement, or just in the mood for an addition to their collection of art.
(just thought I would show you the side of this glass I did just before Christmas, subtle initials in the jungle !)

I had been seriously thinking of openning a gallery dedicated to contemporary engraved and hot glass one day. That will be a vision in my mind now, completely seperate to my present business. I have put some feelers out there and it is surprising what has been coming up.

Well my fingers are frozen as I type here as my radiator on a timer has turned off and it is time to head home.

My thoughts are with those who are so terribly effected by the flooding in Australia. Keep strong, safe and dry.

No comments: