Thursday 2 October 2008

2nd October 2008

Today was a difficult day for me as I had to say "goodbye and good luck my boy" on Skype, to my youngest son , who I have not seen for 3 years, and who lives in New Zealand and is leaving for his 6 month tour of duty in Afghanistan. How do you do that?? I need to be giving him a big hug! Instead there were just tears and a snotty tissue on a poor quality live stream on a computer. Then again, at least I could see him and tell him I love him.

I am so so proud of him, and to be more positive, he will be much closer on the planet to me than he has been for the last 7 years. A huge blessing as well is that I have my eldest son with me still until December, he does not realise how special this time with him is to me....(would probably cringe as all boys would at a soppy mom).... but I am truely fortunate, as this time for me could have been much more difficult. I love you boys more than words can say.

I really have so much to be greatful for, including a fantastic amount of work coming in....what credit crunch??

So I had better get on with it, and keeping busy is the best way to stave off negative feelings.

I know I have said this before, but today it is important....Keep your face to the sunshine so you cannot see the shadows.

No comments: